It is one of the attractions which was built in 1891 on the occasion of the Provincial Jubilee Exhibition. At the beginning the Funicular operated on a water drive. The Funicular operated untill 1914. In 1932 the Funicular recieved an electric drive. The Funicular run untill 1965 when a part of underflooding Petřín hill break away and deformed a railway. Costly reconstruction then started between 1983-85. Then operation was renewed again and reconstructed machine unit from 1932 is used again. Capacity of the Funicular is 1400 persons per hour and it takes aprox.3 minutes to get to a hill.