The Chateau was probably founded by Prague bishop Tobias of Benešov around 1294. In 1327 Konopiště chateau became a property of Sternberk nobility for 275 years. During the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries the Chateau changed many owners. In 1887 František Ferdinand d´Este, a heir to the Habsburg throne became the owner of the Konopiště Chateau. The archduke has the Chateau rebuilt in the historical style. In 1921 the Czechoslovak Goverment was taken over from archduke´s heirs. During Worl War II the Chateau was a residence of the headquarters of SS units located here. Today it is owned by Czech State. The Chateau is very famous for its valuable collection of the weapons and hunting trophies.
Tour category: by minibus
Time of duration: 4 hours
Available: English/Russian speaking guide, minibus, driver.
Price: 180 EUR (1-3 persons), 220 EUR (4-6 persons). For more persons ask for price offer.
The entrance tickets are not included in the price and are to be paid separately. Price is 330,-CZK /14 EUR/1 person.